Immigration Solicitors

You may be aware the current rules, policies, guidance and legislation relating to UK Immigration Law can be complex and difficult area to navigate.

So, call Cooper Hall Solicitors now to arrange your FREE 30-minute consultation.

Call us on 01274 48877 or to click on the button to make an enquiry.

It is crucial that your application is properly prepared. Failing to do so can often lead to refusals and lengthy appeals.

At Cooper Hall Solicitors we understand your immigration needs and worries.  Our dedicated immigration team have extensive knowledge and experience to give you sound, robust and practical advice and help you along every step of the way.

Some of the immigration services we offer include:

  • Visitor
  • civil partner/spouse
  • Fiancé
  • Dependants

Our team can also assist you with:

  • Claiming Asylum
  • Appeals
  • Deportation
  • Points based system
  • Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain
  • Long residence applications
  • Tourism visas
  • British citizenship
  • Medical visas
  • Short term study visas (PLAB)


Those of you who wish to visit the United Kingdom will generally be required to apply for a visa.

There are a number of categories that visitors fall and the type of application required. An example of this is that you may wish to visit a friend, a family member or perhaps undertake private medical treatment.

Generally, you will be required to demonstrate that you:

  • have enough money to support yourself during your visit to the United Kingdom.
  • You will not be needing any help or relying on any public funds during your visit.
  • You will not be visiting for more than six months.
  • You will leave the UK at the end of you visit.

At Cooper Hall Solicitors we are here to help, call us now on 01274 488877

Spouse and Civil Partners

If you wish to reside with your partner who is already settled in the UK, you will be required to apply for a visa.

We can also assist you if you have currently have leave to enter the UK and require an extension.


Perhaps you intend to get married or enter a civil partnership to a person who is settled in the UK, then please note a visa I required.

We can help you apply for a visa that will allow you to the UK for a period of six months to allow you to marry.

Following your marriage an application can then be made for you to remain in the UK for a further period as a spouse.

So, get in touch to discuss your options.

immigration visa sample

Immigration Fee

Hourly rate: £120.00

On average, this type of works takes 4-8 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £576.00 and £1152.00 All figures include VAT unless specifically stated.

The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case, such as:

  • the amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider;
  • which language(s) you speak;
  • whether you are applying with other dependants.

If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.

What services are included

The work will involve:

  • discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
  • giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
  • if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes 2 hours;
  • considering the supporting evidence you have provided, which we anticipate will take 2 hours;*
  • where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
  • preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 2 hours;
  • attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at an appropriate time. This could be between 2 hours of work;
  • giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.

*The amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents.

Disbursements (not included in costs set out above)

Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process:

  • interpreters fees at £100 per hour. This kind of application will normally require between 2 hours with an interpreter, depending on the complexity of your case;
  • independent expert reports, eg medical experts. These are not required in many cases; we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary;
  • if there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.

The costs quoted here do not include:

  • any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process;
  • where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.

How long will my application take?

We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.

We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 12- 28 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.

Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.

You must be logged in to post a comment.